Friday, January 13, 2012

Take It In & Spit It Out

Last year I completed two pieces that, now that I think about it, work well against each other. I debated blogging them separately, but since they were created together they should be displayed together. The little girl image compliments the older female in the second image. Almost as if the girl turned into the woman shown vomiting up body parts, despite the fact their creation was swapped: the woman first and then the little girl.

My story: The woman is shown vomiting up body parts that are not her own, as if she ate "parts" of those around her - and could be termed as "verbal vomit". The girl came forth afterwards, as if in reflection and seeing the building blocks of her being. Taking on other shapes, as if they were a part of her back - where the spine and body structure gain the most support, but in fact she is in a shape of her own. Thus tying her own limbs. The woman, is spitting out all the bits, she ate, that disagreed with her stomach.

I present my images, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment